You can’t get a dessert more refreshing than a popsicle!
Since the commercial ones are too often made with a lot of sugar and flavored water, it is really interesting to prepare your own at home.
You can choose 100% pure juice to make them and even whole fruits.
To convince you, try this recipe inspired by the tasty strawberry and mango paletas.
What are paletas?
Paletas come from Mexico and are popsicles made of real fruit, pureed.
Whole pieces of fruit are also often found in this dessert.
Because of the fresh ingredients used, the paletas are super tasty as well as refreshing.
The perfect combo for hot summer days!
In this recipe, we use a combination of strawberries and mango but feel free to play with the flavors according to your preferences:
- strawberries and basil;
- lime and mint;
- orange and lemon;
- with kiwis, etc.
Try this refreshing recipe as well:
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine water and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, puree fruit and sugar water until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve to obtain a smooth, grain-free consistency.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze (about 6 hours).
Makes 1 ½ cups of mixture, between 4 to 6 popsicles depending on the size of the molds.