Strawberries are at their best in late spring, red, sun-kissed and freshly picked.
They are delicious eaten as is, but strawberries also go well with a variety of other foods.
Some combinations might look surprising, but believe me they are always tasty and delicious.
Here are some of the winning combinations with strawberries:
- rhubarb ;
- balsamic vinegar;
- black or pink pepper;
- and pistachios.
Curious to try one of these combinations?
Here is a recipe that mixes pistachio with strawberries with a touch of white chocolate.
These are small puff pastry bites, filled with a pistachio cream made from white chocolate and whipping cream, topped with strawberries.
It’s beautiful on a dessert table and perfect to end a meal on a light and sweet note.
Tips to make this strawberry tart recipe
For the recipe, I recommend using store-bought puff pastry blocks, but you can also use rolled out sheets of pastry if that’s what you have. As I always say, let’s keep things simple!
It is also possible to prepare the pistachio cream a little in advance since it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day.
Easy Strawberry Recipe: Strawberry Pistachio Cream Tarts
The perfect dessert for your next party! It's a tasty addition to any dessert table and these strawberry delights topped with a pistachio cream are guaranteed to please any palate.
- Flour (to flour the surface)
- 1 package (400 g) puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries, each sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apricot jam
- White chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lightly flour work surface and roll out puff pastry to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Using a 2-inch (5 cm) cookie cutter, cut out 24 to 26 pieces in the shape of your choice.
- Arrange pieces on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place 3-4 strawberry wedges in the center of each piece, making sure to leave a 1/4-inch (5 mm) margin all around.
- Bake in center of oven for 13 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
To make the pistachio cream:
- Place pistachios in a blender, and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Remove 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the pistachio crumbs and set aside.
- Add melted white chocolate and whipping cream to blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy, about 15 seconds.
- Scrape mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip and set aside.
- Place apricot jam in a small bowl and heat in microwave until liquid.
- Lightly brush the sides of each puff pastry crust with apricot jam, then dip one side into the reserved pistachio crumbs.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp (30 mL) of pistachio cream into each puff pastry shell.
- Top with remaining strawberry wedges and glaze with apricot jam.
- Decorate with white chocolate shavings, if desired.