Who can resist maple, walnut and cinnamon buns? Certainly not me!
This recipe was provided to me by Metro grocers, along with their house brand maple products.
Such a mouth-watering dish prepared in less than 20 minutes? Ok, they had my attention!
Not to mention that I was happy to find a recipe that would allow me to use delicious maple sugar.
Buns ready in just a few steps
The recipe is disarmingly simple and requires few ingredients: pizza dough, maple sugar, walnuts (always delicious in dessert recipes), cinnamon and butter.
The first step is to melt some of the butter and maple sugar.
This mixture, to which we add part of the walnuts, is then poured into a mold.
The second step is to roll out the pizza dough to form a rectangle on which we spread another mixture of maple sugar and walnuts.
Next, you just need to roll up the dough to form a roll, which is then cut into about fifteen pieces.
Each piece is placed in the mold on top of the mixture of melted butter and maple sugar before baking.
This results in soft bun with an absolutely delicious maple walnut filling.
These rolls will be a success served for brunch, with a Disaronno fizz or a mimosa, or for dessert.
How long do maple walnut rolls keep?
These buns are best eaten the same day but will keep for a few days.
It’s best to reheat them for a few minutes in the oven, at 350F, before eating.
Do the buns freeze? Indeed!
To thaw them, just put them in the oven at 350F.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1½ cup maple sugar
- 2 cups of walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1½ lb pizza dough
- 2 tsp orange zest
- In a saucepan, melt ¾ cup of butter and ¾ cup of maple sugar over medium heat.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish smeared with grease.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of walnuts; Set aside.
- Combine the remaining butter, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Unroll the dough on a surface lightly dusted with flour to form an 18x12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the nuts.
- Starting at the long end, make a tight roll, pinching to close the seam.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 15 parts; place slices, cut side down, in the prepared dish.
- Cover and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake in the center of an oven heated to 375 ° F for 25 minutes or until the buns are golden and have a hollow sound.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and invert onto a serving platter.