Lemonade is a must on hot summer days.
Thirst-quenching and refreshing, this drink is easy to prepare and the mix of tangy and sweet flavors is perfect.
In this version of lemonade, the tartness of the lemon is softened a bit by adding lime.
And the presence of mint makes the lemonade even more refreshing.
To taste the mint, it is important to let the lemonade macerate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
It’s even better the next day, so don’t be afraid to make the lemonade several hours before serving!
How to make a cocktail version of this lemonade?
For a more festive lemonade, you can add vodka, gin, tequila or even mint cream.
Fill the glass with ice, add an ounce or two of the selected alcohol, top off with lemonade and stir a little with a spoon or stem.
This makes for a delicious cocktail in minutes!
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- A dozen mint stems
- Ice cubes
- 2-3 sprigs of mint per glass
- Squeeze the lemons and limes. You should get about 1¼ cups of juice.
- In a large pitcher, pour the lemon and lime juice and add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mint leaves and water.
- Let stand in refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Place 2 or 3 sprigs of mint at the bottom of the glasses.
- Add ice cubes.
- Top it off by adding the lemonade.