Marinated chicken brochettes are always a big hit at the BBQ.
Tender and spicy marinated chicken pieces, grilled vegetables…. impossible to resist!
This chicken brochettes recipe is inspired by Greek cuisine with a marinade made of oregano, lemon juice and a tasty blend of spices.
It will quickly become a favorite recipe at home!
Since the brochettes are prepared in advance, it’s also a good option when you have people over for dinner.
About the ingredients of this recipe
Chicken: Use boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Although this cut of meat does not produce perfect cubes, the meat remains tender when cooked even if the cooking times are exceeded.
Peppers and onions: Green, orange or red peppers are suitable for this recipe as are white or red onions. As they are added to the marinade along with the chicken, they become full of flavor.
Oregano: Use dried rather than fresh oregano
Lemon juice: Use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled lemon juice. It will taste even better!
Tips for making these chicken skewers
Marinade: At a minimum, allow 30 minutes marinating time for chicken and vegetables. A few hours marinating time is even better.
Skewer picks: I prefer to use metal picks like these, but if you use wooden ones, they need to be soaked in water beforehand to prevent them from burning during cooking.
Cooking: The BBQ is ideal for these brochettes, but they can also be cooked in the oven at 400F.
Other kebab recipes you might like:
- Lime and Tequila Turkey Kabobs with a Cilantro Sauce
- Honey Glazed Lemongrass and Ginger Turkey Skewers
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Dice the onion and bell pepper (about 1 ½ inches wide)
- In an airtight bag or container, combine all the ingredients of the marinade. Mix well.
- Add vegetables and chicken cubes.
- Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Lightly oil grill.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Thread chicken cubes, peppers and onions alternately onto skewers.
- Grill the brochettes for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, turning once. The brochettes are ready when they are well grilled and the chicken has lost its pink color.