Surprise, Easter is back :)
Who says Easter says long weekend, brunches and hearty meals, but above all, the opportunity to eat a bunch of chocolate is a crowd pleaser!
It’s also a great opportunity to let your creative side free, either to create decadent chocolate desserts or cute Easter decoration.
Here are some ideas to give an “Easter” touch to your plates.
Pastel colors, eggs decorated with bright colors, flowers and sunny spring theme ideas will brighten up your table!
Easter Chocolate Nests Recipe
These little nests are really easy to make and a lot of fun. And it’s quite easy to get a good looking result.
In order to make them, you’ll need Rice Krispies-type cereals, chocolate and chocolate eggs. The best way to shape the nests is to use muffin tins, but if you don’t have them, just use small bowls.
I made these Easter nests with white chocolate, because they were for a little boy who only likes white chocolate, but you could also be use milk or dark chocolate. However, I have to say that I was pleased with the color.
Chocolate Easter nest
- ½ cup of white (or milk) chocolate
- 1 ½ cup of Rice Krispies (enough to make a good texture)
- Mini chocolate eggs (like Cadbury's)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Toss the Rice Krispies into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour some of the mixture into a muffin tin, along with the paper tins (see note 1).
- Give the mixture a nest shape, leaving a small space in the middle of the "nests" to place the chocolate eggs.
- Place 4-5 chocolate eggs per nest, in the center.
- Leave to refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Note 1: Since I didn't have a muffin pan, I used small bowls.
For more ideas, you can also check out my Easter board on Pinterest
Happy Easter !
Gourmet inspirations for Easter
Here are other inspirations for your Easter meal, desserts of course but also some decorating ideas!
Here's how to easily make chocolate covered strawberries. Such a pretty and tasty dessert, which is always a success.
Cookies as colorful as they are mouth-watering!
Mini Eggs Easter Brownie Parfaits
Chocolate mousse, pieces of brownies, whipped cream and mini eggs ... a simple dessert to prepare but delicious.
These chick cupcakes are so adorable that you will even hesitate to eat them
Adorable Easter Bunny “Hug” Cookies
Cookies shaped in bunny giving a hug? We say yes!
This pastel-colored popcorn is as pretty as it is delicious!
Cream Egg Brownies
Brownies + cadbury eggs = a decadent dessert that will delight sweet teeth