Surprise, Easter is back :)
It’s also a great opportunity to let your creative side free, either to create decadent chocolate desserts or cute Easter decoration.
Here are some ideas to give an “Easter” touch to your plates.
Pastel colors, eggs decorated with bright colors, flowers and sunny spring theme ideas will brighten up your table!
Easter Chocolate Nests Recipe
These little nests are really easy to make and a lot of fun. And it’s quite easy to get a good looking result.
In order to make them, you’ll need Rice Krispies-type cereals, chocolate and chocolate eggs. The best way to shape the nests is to use muffin tins, but if you don’t have them, just use small bowls.
I made these Easter nests with white chocolate, because they were for a little boy who only likes white chocolate, but you could also be use milk or dark chocolate. However, I have to say that I was pleased with the color.
- ½ cup of white (or milk) chocolate
- 1 ½ cup of Rice Krispies (enough to make a good texture)
- Mini chocolate eggs (like Cadbury's)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Toss the Rice Krispies into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour some of the mixture into a muffin tin, along with the paper tins (see note 1).
- Give the mixture a nest shape, leaving a small space in the middle of the "nests" to place the chocolate eggs.
- Place 4-5 chocolate eggs per nest, in the center.
- Leave to refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Note 1: Since I didn't have a muffin pan, I used small bowls.
For more ideas, you can also check out my Easter board on Pinterest
Happy Easter !