If you’re looking for a dessert or snack to satisfy your chocolate cravings, you’ll love this recipe for Cadbury Mini Eggs and Almonds Chocolate Bites.
Not only are these bites easy to make, but they’re a surefire way to please adults and kids alike.
And Easter is the perfect time to indulge in all things chocolate, isn’t it?
The combination of chocolate, crunchy almonds and colorful Cadbury mini eggs creates a flavor explosion that is simply irresistible.
Whether you’re looking for a dessert to serve at your next get-together, to celebrate Easter or to simply treat your loved ones to something sweet and filling, this recipe is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
How to make the chocolate bites
About the mini Cadbury eggs
The return of Cadbury mini eggs on grocery store shelves is always synonymous with spring and Easter.
It’s no wonder, with their pretty pastel colors, that they are found in so many Easter dessert recipes!
In this recipe, we use Cadbury micro mini eggs. If you are using the classic mini eggs, you will need to chop them coarsely before adding them to the melted chocolate mixture.
Which kind of chocolate to choose to make this recipe?
In order for the chocolate to melt properly, choose a good baking chocolate.
And to remain on the sweet side, we opted for a milk chocolate, but you could also choose a chocolate with 50% or 70% of cocoa.
How to melt the chocolate?
You can use the classic method to melt the chocolate, in a bain-marie, or opt for the microwave oven.
If you choose to melt the chocolate in the microwave, you must be careful not to overheat the chocolate so that it doesn’t burn.
The best way to do this is to put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish and heat them in 30-second increments (twice), then in a 20-second increment, and finally in 10-second increments until you have a liquid chocolate, stirring the chocolate between each increment.
Which mould to use ?
Silicone molds are perfect for this type of recipe since the chocolate comes out easily.
Use shallow pans to ensure bite-sized pieces that are easy to bite into.
The amounts given in this recipe are suitable for a pan with 6 cavities of 4″ x 0.75″ cavities like this one sold on Amazon*.
If you don’t have a mold, you could simply make balls or chunks of chocolate.
Good tip: if you use a silicone mold without a metal frame to solidify it, place the mold on a cutting board. It will be much easier to tap it to get the air bubbles out of the chocolate and transport it to the refrigerator.
A few easy steps to make this recipe
This recipe requires few preparation steps.
Once the chocolate is melted, mix the mini eggs and the almonds before pouring the chocolate mix in the silicone moulds.
For a more finished look, do not fill the mold cavities completely. Instead, leave a small space which will enable you to add a fine layer of chocolate later.
Once the chocolate with the eggs and almonds are poured, gently tap the mold against the counter to eliminate air bubbles and refrigerate for about ten minutes.
Spoon the melted chocolate over the top of each mold cavity to fill them completely.
If you wish, you can decorate the bites with mini eggs or sugar candies. You could even write a nice message on the bites with creaming.
Place the mold back in the refrigerator, for about 90 minutes, and chill until the chocolate is completely firm.
Pop the chocolate mini egg bites out of the silicone mold and serve.
More chocolate dessertsChocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate Mini Egg Bites with almond
Tasty chocolate bites with almonds and mini Cadbury eggs that will delight kids and adults alike!
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate
- ½ cup chopped almond
- ¾ cup Cadbury micro mini eggs
- ½ cup milk chocolate
- Decorations: almonds, mini eggs, sugar candy, etc.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt chocolate in 30-second (2 times), 20-second (1 time) and 10-second increments, stirring between each step until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add almonds and mini eggs to melted chocolate and mix well. Pour into the silicone mold, filling the cavities ¾ full.
- Tap the mold gently on the counter to remove as many air bubbles as possible.
- Place the mold in the refrigerator and let cool for about 10 minutes. *
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave using the same interval method as before.
- Remove the chocolate mold from the refrigerator and pour the melted chocolate into the cavities to even out the bites.
- If desired, decorate chocolate bites with remaining mini eggs, chopped almonds, sugar decorations. Press decorations lightly into chocolate to set.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours or until the chocolate is firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and unmold.
* To make it easier to transport the mould to the fridge, place it on a cutting board.