The Old Fashioned is one of those timeless cocktails that appears on almost every restaurant and bar menu.
Requiring few ingredients and simple to make, it is also very easy to prepare excellent ones at home.
You can choose a classic recipe or have fun with flavors and spirits.
Now, let’s try with Grand Marnier.
With its touch of exotic bitter oranges, this cognac and orange liqueur brings a nice complexity to the cocktail.
More cocktail recipes with Grand Marnier
Grand Marnier is a spirit of choice when it comes to cocktails. Here are some recipes that feature it.
- Espolon Grand Margarita
- The Grand 75 (champagne and Grand Marnier)
- Tequila-Grand Marnier-Cynar cocktail: Don’t Jinx It
- 1 part Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
- 1 part Bourbon
- 3 dashes of aromatic bitters
- A twist of orange as a garnish
- Prepare your cocktail in a double whiskey glass.
- First, pour a few dashes of aromatic bitters directly into the glass. Then add the Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge and the bourbon.
- Add a large block of ice and stir until well incorporated and cold.
- Garnish with a twist of orange, pressing its essences to the surface of the cocktail, then place the twist on the rim of the cocktail glass.