Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries… These delicious small fruits are only here a few months a year and we would be crazy not to enjoy them to the maximum!
If you’re like me, you can eat whole baskets of them with no problem.
But since these fruits don’t last that long once picked, it’s always handy to have a few recipes to cook them! We don’t want any of these berries to go to waste!
Here are 8 recipes to make the most of the berry season, as well as all our tips for storing and preparingthem.
How to store and prepare berries
Although strawberries, raspberries and blueberries can only be stored for a few days, it is possible to extend their shelf life a bit.
Here’s how to store berries and when to wash them:
- The berries can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days, unwashed.
- Wash them quickly just before eating them.
- When it comes to strawberries, it is preferable to wash them without hulls.
To enjoy berries year-round in recipes, you can also freeze them by following these steps:
- After washing and drying the berries, froze them individually by placing them flat on a plate or baking sheet.
- Once frozen, transfer them into airtight bags.