This is an easy and tasty recipe of pork chops with Dijon mustard and Provence herbs. Grilled on the BBQ or in the pan, it’s a year round favorite!
At home, we love marinated meats.
Most of the time, these are simple recipes to make but always result in tasty and juicy meats.
This is the case with this recipe for pork chops marinated in Dijon mustard and Provence herbs.
Few ingredients, very quick to prepare and always delicious.
I’ve been making this recipe for years and been reluctant to publish it for a long time because of its simplicity.
But then, you can never have too many good and easy recipes, right?
These pork chops can be grilled on the barbecue for maximum flavors, but they are also delicious in the pan.
In short, a recipe for summer and winter alike!
For perfect chops every time, here are a few tips:
If you cook them on the grill, choose chops that are thick enough and well marbled.
Avoid overcooking the meat to prevent it from hardening.
There is nothing sadder than a tough overcooked pork chop.
In fact, pork is ready when it reaches a temperature of 63 ° C (145F) in its center.
Remember to let the meat rest, about 5 minutes, before serving.
This will allow you to obtain a more tender and juicy meat.
How to let the meat rest?
It’s really simple! Place the meat on a plate and cover it with aluminum foil.
Make sure not to seal the aluminium foil unless you want the cooking to continue.
What to serve as a side dish with these grilled pork chops?
Serve these pork chops with roasted potatoes and a salad, for a delicious and easy to make meal!
You could also serve them with rice or grilled vegetables.
- 4 well-marbled pork chops
- 3 tbsp. olive oil table
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of Provence herbs
- In an airtight bowl or bag, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the pork chops and coat them well with the marinade.
- Leave it to rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours
- Preheat the BBQ and take the meat out of the refrigerator to temper it.
- When the grill is hot, cook 3 to 5 minutes per side over medium heat. The chops are ready when the internal temperature reaches 145 ° F (63 ° C)
- Let the chops rest for about 5 minutes on a plate, covering them with foil.